If you or a loved one is dealing with an injury, learning to live with a diagnosis or recovering from a surgery, then at-home care may be exactly what you need to help you regain your quality of life.. At-home care combines the attention of a licensed physical therapist and the comfort of your home. It has proven to be one of the most effective ways to recover, to adjust to a new diagnosis and to improve from injury or surgery because it offers patients a sense of comfort by being treated in a familiar place.
Here are some reasons why considering at-home care may be worth your while:
- Convenience: If you or a loved one has suffered an injury, leaving your home to get to an office can be difficult, and sometimes impossible. Having a licensed physical therapist come to your home is incredibly convenient and will keep you or your loved one from the strain and stress of leaving the comfort of your own home after a serious injury.
- Environmental stress: Staying at home with a licensed physical therapists reduces distractions and stress, especially if you are learning to adjust to a new diagnosis. By providing care in a calm and comforting setting, you can focus solely on receiving help and treatment.
- Personalized care: Physical therapists who practice in-home care are able to spend more quality time with their patients.
What are at-home physical therapists able to do?
You may be wondering what an at-home physical therapist will be able to do for you or a loved one. The benefits of having a physical therapist come into your home are that he/she can see your living conditions and help you or your loved one learn to avoid certain movements that could further aggravate the injury. Your physical therapist could also see how implementing certain assistive devices may be necessary either permanently or temporarily. Here is some progress that can be made by undergoing at-home physical therapy:
- Prevent falls
- Completing daily activities
- Better mobility
- Creating exercise plans
- Using different assistive devices
- Observing and evaluating cognitive abilities
What if I’m not sure this is right for me or my loved one?
If you would like more information about the at-home care offered by our team at Arrow Physical Therapy, fill out the form on our website or give us a call to schedule an appointment. We are committed to helping you and your loved ones feel better, adjust and get back to your everyday life. We have three locations for your convenience in New Jersey: Edison, Union and Woodbridge. Take the next step toward regaining your quality of life, and contact us today.